Eetch is a traditional Armenian dish made principally from bulgur. It is somewhat similar to tabbouleh but much thicker and grainier (with far less parsley), and not as tangy. It has a red color because of the addition of tomato and tomato paste. It can be served at room temperature or chilled with pita bread. It’s a great vegetarian dish!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fine bulgur
- 1 (80z) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6oz) can tomato paste
- 1 can water ( tomato sauce can size)
- juice from 2 lemons
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 4 scallions
- 1 small tomato chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- alleppo hot pepper to taste
- Heat oil in sauce pan and add onions and green peppers and saute for 5-7 min (do not brown).
- Stir in bulgur, tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and add all remaining ingredients and let sit covered for 30 min.
- Mix well again (and add more lemon juice if needed).
*** 21 Day FIX Containers: 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 tsp ***