“Orokh” is an Armenian meat patty made with lean ground beef, bulgur wheat, diced onions and dried mint. I serve it with Greek yogurt as a dipping sauce and pita bread. (Please note: The picture of them is them un-cooked!)
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup fine bulgur wheat
- dried mint
- 1 onion, diced
- salt & pepper
- Place bulgur wheat in large mixing bowl and add enough water to cover the bulgur. Let sit and have water absorb.
- Add beef, onion, mint and salt and pepper.
- With your hands, knead the meat mixture very well until mixed completely. (I use gloves).
- Form the meat mixture into 15 “finger-like” shaped patties.
- Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with Pam.
- Broil (Do not bake!) in oven around 10 minutes and then flip over and continue to broil until cooked. Watch it carefully!