I got this recipe from my mother (who isn’t someone who typically eats clean). It’s a healthy salad that can be eaten alone with pita bread or as a side dish to any protein. This makes 12 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups of bulgur wheat
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup of curly parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint (or a little dried mint)
- Cook the bulgur in 2 cups of water on med heat for around 15-20 minutes or until water is absorbed and bulgur is soft. Let bulgur cool.
- Place peppers, cucumber, and scallions in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil,salt and pepper. Then add to large bowl and add bulgur as well.
- Fold in parsley and mint.
Bulgur Bell Pepper Cucumber Salad