This is different variation of the regular hummus I make all the time. It does have a light “pea” taste and the bright green color which is great for the Spring! I think this version goes well with veggies on the side like carrots, celery or peppers, or pita bread chips!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-oz bag frozen peas, briefly rinsed under cool water.
- juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp or more to taste)
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup cold water
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (optional)
- toasted pine nuts for garnish (optional)
- Place garlic into the food processor and let it go until finely minced.
- Add the chick peas and peas and process for a couple of minutes, scraping down the sides until the mixture is as smooth as you can get it.
- Add the lemon juice and tahini, and continue processing. Pour in water until the hummus has a nice loose consistency.
- Taste it and add more salt, pepper, or lemon.
- Garnish with olive oil and toasted pine nuts