It’s the Fall and I’ve been craving anything with apples and found a great organic apple butter from Whole Foods so I experimented with making a healthier muffin that did not have any white sugar or oil added. This is a great recipe and I might even try it with Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Butter next time!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology (or other vanilla whey protein)
- 10 drops of Liquid Stevia
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 egg whites
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp apple butter
- Mix all dry and wet ingredients together.
- Use cupcake liners sprayed with Pam. Scoop mixture half way into muffins tins. Then add 1/2 tsp of apple butter on top and scoop another small amount of baking mixture on top of apple butter.
- Bake for 20-25 min at 375 or until its light golden brown on top. Makes 12 muffins
Calories (per 1 muffin): 180 calories