These muffins are so delicious and are high in protein and are perfect for a post-workout snack. (I also love them in the afternoon with a cup of coffee).
- 1 1/2 c quick cooking oats
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I used Beachbody’s Vanilla Whey Protein Powder)
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup baking Truvia (or you can use sugar or another sugar alternativve)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, heated and liquified
- 1 medium Fuji apple, shredded
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line with paper liners sprayed with Pam.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in wet ingredients until fully combined.
- Fold in shredded apples, cinnamon and walnuts to batter.
- Fill 12-cup muffin tin with batter, equally filling each compartment.
- Mix some additional cinnamon and Truvia together and sprinkle the tops of the muffins with that mixture.
- Bake 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes prior to removing from tins. Makes 12 muffins.
Calories: 114 calories