It’s the fall and we go apple picking alot making it the perfect time for apple crisp. So I came up with a healthier version using oatmeal instead of white flour, coconut oil instead of butter and Truvia or Stevia and honey instead of sugar. Can be eaten warm or cold!
- 6 cups sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 packet Truvia (optional)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (10 pecans)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 2 pkts of Truvia (or 8-10 drops of liquid Stevia)
- For apple filling, in large bowl combine apples and honey. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; stir to coat. Place apple mixture in 2-quart square baking dish sprayed with Pam.
- For topping, in medium bowl combine oats, flour, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add melted coconut oil and almond milk; stir until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 35 minutes until apples are tender and topping is browned. Serve warm or cooled. Makes 6 servings.
*** 21 Day FIX containers (per 1/6th of recipe): 0.5 Purple, 0.5 Blue, 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp oil ****