Here’s a great crockpot stew for these cold winter days and the leftovers are great the next day too!
- 1.5lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5-8 small red potatoes, chopped
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10oz of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 2.5lb butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups of beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and saute for about five minutes until soft. Add the beef and garlic to the pan and continue sauteing until the beef has browned.
- Place the beef, onions and garlic at the bottom of your Crock Pot. Next, add the bay leaf, butternut squash, mushrooms, chopped carrots and potatoes.
- Pour the beef broth over and add the Worcestershire, Bragg’s sauce, cayenne pepper and paprika.
- Cook at low for 8-9 hours. Right before serving, add the salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaf! Makes 7 servings.
***21 Day Fix and Extreme Containers (per 2 cup serving): 1 Green, 1 Red, .5 Yellow ***