This is a great soup made in the Crockpot that is high in protein because of the beans and chicken!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 oz) Cannellini Beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can (16 oz) Great Northern Beans drained & rinsed
- 2 cans chicken stock
- 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles
- 3 cups to 4 cups cooked & chopped chicken meat (I roasted a whole chicken and used that meat or you can buy a pre-cooked one from the grocery store)
- Saute the onion & garlic in the olive oil until the onions are translucent & fragrant.
- Add the sauted onions & garlic to the crockpot with the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Serves 6.
(This recipe has been adapted from Jenny Melrose’s Crockpot Turkey Chili)