Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup … I made this and it was delicious paired with my Greek Yogurt Biscuit on a cold winter day!
- 2 pounds cut up chicken, skinless and boneless
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth, fat free
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more or less to taste
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped, Italian parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 8 oz. whole wheat spaghetti noodles, broken into small pieces
Add all ingredients, EXCEPT the noodles, in the slow cooker and cook for 7 hours on low, or until carrots are tender. The last hour of cooking time, add the broken noodles and continue cooking one additional hour or until noodles are al dente or to desired doneness.
Calories (per 1 cup): 121