This is a great recipe and can be served over whole wheat tortilla or a bed of lettuce with your favorite toppings like salsa, chopped tomatoes, diced avocado, and shredded cheese.
- 2lbs chuck roast
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (8oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Place onion, jalapeno and garlis in the bottom of the crockpot. Place beef on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce, lime juice and spices. Pour over the beef and cover.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Once beef is cooked and tender, use 2 forks to shred the beef.
*** 21 Day Fix and Fix Extreme conatiners: 1 Red ***