This was a very colorful and filling dinner that my whole family loved!
- 4 medium bell peppers (red or yellow), cut in half and seeded
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs of chicken breast, chopped up
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup of spaghetti or tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Place bell peppers, skin side down in large baking dish and set aside.
- Add oil to sauce pan and add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Add chicken, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add tomato sauce, couscous, beans, corn, and lime juice and reduce heat to medium and cook for an additional 5 minutes until heating through.
- Add a generous 1/2 cup of chicken mixture to each pepper half. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and top each pepper half with an even amount of cheese and bake an additional 3 -5 minutes uncovered until cheese is melted. Makes 8 servings.
***21 Day Fix Containers (per 1 half pepper): 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Red, .5 Blue ****