Who needs to use dough for mini pizzas when you can use eggplant slices instead? These are a great alternative to regular pizza and I enjoyed mine as is but my husband put the eggplant slices in between whole grain crusty bread and it was delicious!
- 1 large eggplant, sliced 1 inch thick
- tomato sauce (homemade or from a jar)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach (optional) or turkey pepperoni slices (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F. On a baking sheet arrange the sliced eggplants. Sprinkle the salt and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the baked eggplant from the oven and turn your broiler on. Spread 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce over each eggplant round followed by some mozzarella cheese.
- Arrange some fresh spinach and cherry tomatoes or pepperoni slices over the cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes. Make sure you keep a close look while the eggplant is under the broiler as they can burn really fast. Serve while hot and makes 2 servings.
*** 21 Day Fix Containers (per half recipe): 1 Green, 1 Blue ****