These tender garlic shrimp skewers make a delicious party time appetizer or an easy backyard family dinner. Large shrimp grill quickly so be careful not to overcook them.
- 2lbs large or jumbo shrimp
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil ( or 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Peel and devein the shrimp.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oil, tomato sauce, vinegar, basil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Add the shrmip and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refridgerate at least 30 minutes
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers by bending the shrimp so that the large end nearly touches the smaller end. Arrange the skewer on the oiled rack. Grill, turning frequently until shrimp becomes pink, 6-8 minutes. Serves 4-6.
*** 21 Day Fix and Fix Extreme containers: 1 Red ***