Cooked quinoa is tossed with shrimp and served warm in this one dish meal which is great for the busy weeknights!
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 c dry quinoa, rinse well
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes (dried and not in oil)
- 1 red bell pepper,sliced small strips
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1 lb shrimp
- Prepare the quinoa as directed on package.
- In large skillet, heat oil to med-low and sauté onions until tender, about 5 min. Add sliced bell pepper strips & sauté 4 more minutes. Add garlic & sauté 1 minute.
- Add quinoa, chicken broth, red pepper flakes, bay leaves, cumin, paprika, and black pepper. Cover & bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low boil, & continuing cooking approx 10 min or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, peas & shrimp cover & continue to cook 5 min. Remove from heat, leave covered & allow to set 10 min. Remove bay leaf & serve. Makes 8 servings.
*** 21 Day Fix or Fix Extreme Containers (per 1/8 of recipe): 1 Yellow, 1 Green, 1 Red *** ( For Fix Extreme: omit sun dried tomatoes)