This is a delicious creamy low calorie shrimp dish without the pasta guilt! I love using spaghetti squash as my “noodles”!
- 1-2 spaghetti squash (about 4 cups once baked and “stringed”)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of lemon zest
- 2 tsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cut squash in half and place down on cookie sheet lined with parchmont paper. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes. Let cool, then remove seeds.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the bell pepper and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the shrimp, chicken broth and lemon juice and cook, tossing occasionally, until the shrimp are firm and pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and parsley; remove from the heat.
- Using a fork, rake the spaghetti squash lengthwise to remove the flesh (it will pull away in long strands). Season with salt and pepper.
- Place spaghetti squash in large pasta bowl and top with the shrimp/sauce mixture and serve. Makes 4 servings
****21 Day Fix and Fix Extreme Containers: I usually eat 1 green container worth of spaghetti squash and 1 red container worth of the shrimp and count it as 1 Green, 1 red and 1 tsp of oil ******