I’m addicted to spaghetti squash and this recipe is an excellent one with all my favorites… ricotta cheese and spinach!
- 1 3 lb spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and seeded (about 6 cups after cooled and shredded)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 15 oz container ricotta (part skim)
- 1 egg
- 4 cups baby spinach chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place the squash on a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle the cut sides with the oil, place cut-side down, and roast until tender, 40-50 min.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- With fork, gently scrape out the strands of flesh to make approximately 6 cups of squash and add to the ricotta mixture. Mix gently to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking dish or 11×9 dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella, and bake until browned and bubbling, 18-22 min. Serves 8.
Calories (per 1/8 serving): 101
*** 21 Day FIX Containers: 2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue ***