This version of the stuffed shells replaces talot of the mozzarella cheese that typical recipes contain with ricotta cheese in the filling. It’s still yummy and satisfying and a great recipe the whole family will love!
- 25 Jumbo Shells (whole wheat if you can find them!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper
- Cook shells until el dante and set aside
- Heat oil over skillet and add garlic and saute for a few min. Add ground meat and onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Set aside to cool.
- Mix ricotta cheese, spinach and eggs in bowl.
- Once meat mixture is cooled, add to ricotta mixture.
- Pour 1/2 cup of pasta sauce in bottom of 9×13 dish.
- Stuff 25 pasta shells with roughly 2 tablespoons of mixture and place in baking dish. Pour remaining 1 1/2 cups of sauce over the shells and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in oven at 400 for 30-35 minutes.
**21 Day Fix Containers (per 5 shells): 1 Yellow, 1 Red, 0.5 Purple, 0.5 Green, 1 Blue ***