I frequently make Rice Krispie treats for my daughters and was looking for a healthier alternative for me to eat especially since all that sugar from the marshmallows makes me sick! And why not add Shakeology?
- 4 cups of brown rice puffs (I bought them from Whole Foods)
- 2 scoops of Shakeology (I used Vanilla but will try Chocolate next time!)
- 1/4 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of honey (or less if you don’t want it as sweet)
- 2-3 tbsp of chocolate chips melted for drizzle (optional)
- Prepare a 8×8 baking pan by spraying it with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl , combine the cereal and Shakeology. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, add peanut butter, coconut oil, and honey. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently to avoid burning and then allow to cool slightly.
- Pour nut and syrup mixture into the cereal mix. Stir until everything is fully combined and all the cereal is well coated.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish . Using the spatula or your hands, spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly.
- Place pan into fridge and allow to cool for ~30 minutes before cutting into squares. Makes 12 squares.
** 21 Day Fix Containers (per 1 square): .5 Yellow, 3 tsp (it’s technically .16 Red also but I’m not counting that!) ****